Re: PR 18501. Before I mark it WONTFIX.

Diego Novillo wrote:

It will boil down to what we want to prioritize: false positives or false negatives. I'm almost tempted to prioritize false positives (ie, give a warning)

this is my inclination too.

, but that would break uninit-5.c which seems to be a common case:

the reported case is more obviously an uninitialized use than the uninit-5.c case. I.e. every path into the loop body results in an uninitialized use, whereas the uninit-5 case not every path into the second if is an uninitialized use. Furthermore, gcc used not to be able to detect the uninit-5 case, but could detect the reported case -- so in 'enhancing' uninit-5 we get a regression.

nathan