Re: How to generate the LIBGCC.A for mc68000

>After some manuel patches ( compilation of crti.s and crtn.s and remove
>of -lc line in the Makefile ),
>The result is a full gcc compiler tools in /home/cross-compiler/m68k
>including the libgcc.a library.
>
>The trouble is, when I try to use this compiler with option -m68000 to
>compile my Linux kernel ( witch has been modified to support the m68k
>architecture without MMU), the compiler generate some implicit calls to
>simulate
>arithmetics operations ( witch are not supported by the mc68000 ).
>And those functions are not included in the libgcc.a as they are supposed to
>be ( I found this information on a forum).

Hmm.  Unless your patches were more intrusive than just crti/crtn
stuff, then gcc when asked to link your code should include -lgcc to
the linker.  Check in the kernel build if it uses ld to linke and does
it specify -lgcc to link in libgcc.a.

Your probably want to take these type of cross-gcc creation/use
questions over to the crossgcc mailing list where people build and use
gcc as a cross-compiler all the time.... See
http://sources.redhat.com/lists.html for mre info on how to
subscribe.

--
Peter Barada