Re: Revised release criteria for GCC 4.0

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 07:26:42PM +0100, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Fine!  So far, I only had an old Amiga (68060 @ 50MHz) to run the
> testsuite on.  It took ages and the CPU would also occasionally
> overheat, failing tests randomly ;-)
>
> Would it be possible to donate one board to GCC or CodeSourcery
> for the automatic regression tester?  This would ensure in the
> future nobody will ever break the m68k target by mistake (at least
> for ColdFire).

I don't think that this is a fair request to make: CodeSourcery people
are busy, as are the other GCC developers.

If a volunteer wants to take on responsibility for setting up a local
copy of the automatic regression tester, I'm sure there are plenty of
people who would help that volunteer get the regression tester set up.
People who care about the platform (in this case, ColdFire) are those
who must pay the primary cost.