Re: [rfc] towards a defined abi for libgfortran

On Dec 10, 2004, at 10:55 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:

This failed but due to a compiler bug. The following code is not able to compile on darwin because the target says options is defined when it is not because it is a common symbol.

int options __attribute__((__visibility__("hidden")));

void f(void)
{
  options = 0;
}

I will look into fixing this and test the patch again.  This is a
regression from when Mark rewrote part of the darwin backend.

And here is a patch which fixes this regression. I also took the time to add some comments to the function which was causing the problem.

Also the patch from RTH does not cause any regression in the
fortran testsuite.

OK? Bootstrapped and tested on ppc-darwin with no regressions.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski

ChangeLog:
	* config/darwin.c (machopic_symbol_defined_p): Return false
	if the binds local and is a common symbol.