Re: native gcc for vxworks

DJ Delorie a écrit :

A hosted gcc doesn't require a full unix environment. The difference is the difference between making gcc and binutils work, versus making those work, plus /bin/sh and perl and awk and insert 400 other nice host programs here.

I've seen gcc hosted on an MSDOS box treated as a target board.

Heck, DJGPP isn't a full unix environment unless you try real hard, cross your eyes, and overlook a few glaring differences ;-)

Yet we've had a hosted GCC since 1989.

I thank all of you for your comments !
maybe, If my customer is interested, I'll try to have gcc hosted by vxworks and I'll tell you how long it took.

Regards,

JF