search for a patch which can defend stack smash

Hello everybody!
    I just read a paper <<Architecture Support for Defending Against Buffer Overflow Attacks>>,where you can get it from here if you interest it:
    http://www.crhc.uiuc.edu/EASY/Papers02/EASY02-xu.pdf

    I'm interesting in their idea and their patch souce code which split stack in two to defend stack smash attack.And I'd like to know more about it's compatibility.

    Could anybody give me any clue about where can I get this patch's source code?

    Thanks!

                                                           gpmn