Re: OpenMP licensing problem: a solution

On Nov 23, 2004, at 12:16 AM, Biagio Lucini wrote:
I have made an enquiry to the OpenMP ARB, appended is the answer I received.
My understanding of the meaning of "public domain" is that we are free to put the code under GPL+exceptions.

My take, I think their email reply is evidence that they have no clue what-so-ever. I'd suggest that you ask them a yes or no question, and that you accept no another answer other than yes or no. Now, as to the question, can I do X, where X is all the code that you think might infringe. Also, bear in mind, what the person says has no legal weight, if they person you are talking to has no legal standing.

If you don't get satisfaction from them, then, I'd bump you to the FSF's lawyer on how to handle this. Standard clean room techniques certainly work.