Re: Mainline in regression-fix mode after Thanksgiving

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 06:12:09PM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Mike Stump wrote:
> >On Nov 22, 2004, at 4:26 PM, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> >
> >>I've been staring at Bguzilla for about a week now trying to figure
> >>out what to make of the fact that there are more than 200 regressions
> >>open against GCC 3.4.
> >

> >Dear Santa, for Christmas I want a regression tester that will
> >specifically find the person that caused each of the 200 regressions,
> >then do: sort | uniq -c | sort -nr and update a web page with that
> >information.  We can then have just the people that put in regressions
> >get hammered instead of everyone.
>
> Yes, that would be nice. :-)

I'm set up to do regression hunts on a powerpc64-linux-gnu system and
can keep it busy.  For regressions that can be tested with only cc1 or
cc1plus a regression hunt can build and test cross compilers so it
doesn't matter what the build/host system is.

If there are regressions you'd like me to track down, assign the PRs to
me temporarily and then I can assign them to the person who introduced
or exposed the bug, or to someone else who can then decide what do with
it next.

Janis