Re: Is ObjC++ still in time for 4.0?

Zem is asking me to design his frontend's data structures for him.  I
don't have time to do that right now, and Zem hasn't done the design
work himself, so we're waiting.

Since Geoff has objected to every design proposal I made, then naturally I was (and am) expecting a constructive alternative.

My last comment to Zem was:

I still don't really know enough, but my best guess is that you
should put an extra field in the lang_type structure for C, and in
lang_type_class for C++.  Try that and let me know how it goes.

...to which I replied:

I have two questions/requests:
(1) Should I add the extra field "unconditionally", i.e., so that is is there and unused even for plain C and C+?
(2) Can you post your response to gcc or gcc-patches, preferrably as a response to my last e-mail (see URL above), so that other people
may chime in?

Thanks.

...to which Geoff politely retorted:

(1) Zem, I really don't have time to design this for you. Please do your own work.
(2) Done.

(For those of you wondering, the above exchange took place within the confines of Apple's bug-tracking system. You'll have to Geoff as to why he chose to conduct it there instead of the public FSF list where it belongs.)

So, the current status is:
   (a) Geoff has refused to provide an acceptable design;
   (b) Geoff has objected to all other designs presented.

--Zem