Re: Using `const int' values to size stack arrays

what version of gcc is your port based on? Does the current development
tree do better?

Its based on 3.4.0. I've run the same example through 3.4.3 on the x86 port and it doesn't seem to do any better.

I notice that MAX_VAL has been placed in .data, not .rodata -- is that
your port, or does GCC not think it constant?

Hmm. Not sure. I haven't told the port that the .rodata section exists, so maybe it defaults to .data?

regards,

dan.

Daniel Towner
picoChip Designs Ltd., Riverside Buildings, 108, Walcot Street, BATH,
BA1 5BG
daniel.towner@picochip.com
07786 702589