Re: a question about const and pure functions.

On Nov 11, 2004, at 8:57 AM, Roger Sayle wrote:

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Kenneth Zadeck wrote:

4) eventually to allow some loops (if they can be proven to be finite)
rather than just looking for back edges in the cfg. We have this
analysis in the compiler, we should be allowed to use the info here.

This is also good, but seems to clash with your hopes of moving pure/const analysis earlier.

The tree-profiling branch will soon have a CFG at the cgraph level, so this isn't really a problem for a given definition of "some
loops" :)

--Dan