Re: Trick or treat?

Andrew Pinski wrote:

On Nov 1, 2004, at 12:10 AM, Mark Mitchell wrote:

The first GCC 3.4.3 release candidate is available here:

ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/prerelease-3.4.3-20041031/

I'm unlikely to hold up the 3.4.3 release for anything less than a serious regression from 3.4.2; the primary goal is simply to release the bug fixes that have been accumulated since 3.4.2.

If you find problems, please file them in Bugzilla and add me to the CC: list; please do *not* send reports directly to me without entering them in Bugzilla.

There is one big bug which is already filed and is a regression from
3.4.2.  IA64-linux does not compile if you don't have libunwind
installed already.

There have been a huge number of patches, of a rather fragile nature, relating to libgcc and libunwind and symbol versioning and such. Far too much complexity.

I don't know enough about IA64 GNU/Linux to know if we need to care about systems without libunwind installed or not.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC