Re: New GNU-GCC logotype (Concept Look v 1.0)

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Turbanov Vladislav Dmitrievich wrote:
This is the first concept look of the new GCC-GNU logo look ... This is
a blue gnu ... the image in the top-right coner is from Discovery Channel.

I think having the string "GCC" somewhere would be a good idea.
Yes ... I agree ... that makes sense ... so I've attached concept string look (v 1.0)... it was made in vectors.Don't think that the background is grey and doesn't suit it. The picture has alpha channel and there is no background color at all.

And I just recall that Steven did some nice graphics half a year ago, in a slightly different context. Steven, do you think that could be adjusted as a general GCC logo? Perhaps you could post that as well?

It might be interesting to see what the two of you might come up with
together.
I don't work in teams... "U draw his nose ... and U will try to make his ear better" doesn't appeal to me at all... However it would be ok to look at his work. Maybe there are things I could add to make v1.0 look more original...

(For future images, would you mind putting them on a web page and just
post the URL to this list?)
I have no web page and I don't plan to have one... However I'm surprised image in 357 KB doesn't suit gcc@gnu.org's 400 KB ...