Re: Your change to emit_group_{load,store}

On Oct 26, 2004, at 5:55 PM, Aldy Hernandez wrote:

(parallel:TF [
       (expr_list:REG_DEP_TRUE (reg:DF 45 f13 [ g ])
           (const_int 0 [0x0]))

Now...can someone tell me what in the world that means?

The notes establish a mapping between the registers of a multiple-word
parameter and the offsets in the parameter memory block that holds them.
(i.e. F13 gets stored at offset 0). The fact that it dumps as
REG_DEP_TRUE
is a bug. Fariborz has fought with this quite a bit lately....

Is this documented somewhere? Surely, this is a parallel contruct I am unfamiliar with.

See under FUNCTION_ARG. You won't be completely unconfused, but it should help.

Parameter memory block?  Are the values passed in multi-regs *and*
in memory?

Maybe.