Query about cpp0 binary in version 3.3.4 on Debian Sarge

Hi,

I am trying to compile some source code which is currently being built on
RedHat 9 using gcc-3.1 but when I try to compile the same code with the
current Debian version of gcc (3.3.4) it complains that there is no cpp0
binary.

Has this been removed and if it has, has it been replaced by an alternative?

If it should still be installed is there any reason why on Debain Sarge
gcc-3.3.4 would not install the cpp0 binary?

Thanks for any help people can give me on this.

Cheers
Tim.

p.s. sorry for having the disclaimer on my previous two posts - it should
 hopefully be removed now!

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be legally privileged and/or copyright material of Intec Telecom Systems PLC (or its affiliated companies). If you are not an intended or authorised recipient of this e-mail or have received it in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender by e-mail. In such a case, reading, reproducing, printing or further dissemination of this e-mail or its contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Intec Telecom Systems PLC does not represent or warrant that an attachment hereto is free from computer viruses or other defects. The opinions expressed in this e-mail and any attachments may be those of the author and are not necessarily those of Intec Telecom Systems PLC.