This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: OpenMP options and threading models
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Scott Robert Ladd <coyote at coyotegulch dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 19 Oct 2004 14:05:07 -0600
- Subject: Re: OpenMP options and threading models
- References: <417552A4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Scott" == Scott Robert Ladd <email@example.com> writes:
Scott> Which threading model should OpenMP use?
Other target libraries like libjava just use the thread model
determined by --enable-threads. This makes sense since that option
controls what threading primitives are used by libgcc.
So, IMO, this should be the default. Adding some other option may
make sense depending on the needs of OpenMP.