This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fold_convert question
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Oct 04 17:01:47 EDT
- Subject: Re: fold_convert question
Solving the tree combination problem in a general way that allows
us to remove the useless type conversion, forward propagation,
expression reassociation and related problems should be high on
our todo list once we change focus from 4.0 to 4.1.
I agree. But the tree combiner should also be able to compute the sorts of
data that the RTL combiner produces (which bits are known zero and how
many copies of the sign bit we know we have). How to do this was discussed
at the last summit.