Moving floating point through integer registers

Hi, all

GCC should have implemented the feature of moving
floating point through integer registers according to
the comments listed in
http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/optimize.html#fpmove.

I'm going to test its benefit on IA64 platform for
floating point benchmarks. But I wonder whether this
feature has been implemented on IA64. If not, can
anyone give some advice about how to implement it?

Canqun Yang.
Creative Compiler Research Group.
National University of Defense Technology, China.