RE: signed vs unsigned pointer warning

  Well, you don't, you just define a "type * const" pointer to the 128'th
entry of the real underlying, e.g. instead of saying

unsigned char isXXX_flags_array[256]

you say

static unsigned char __isXXX_flags_array[256];
unsigned char * const isXXX_flags_array = &__is_flags_array[128];

  Or at any rate, I use that idiom quite a lot.

    cheers,
      DaveK