Re: Ada, treelang needs to be converted to --enable-mapped-location

kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu (Richard Kenner) writes:

> The point is that there's no reason to have to go outside the
> front-end until the transition point from Slocs to whatever the
> middle-end uses and Sloc_to_locus seems to me to be the right place
> to do that.

I don't have a problem with your doing just that, nor with modifying
line-map.[ch] if necessary to make that efficient.  And if that's the
quickest way to get this change implemented, then I'm definitely in
favor of it, because it would be nice to complete the switchover
before 4.0 branches.

Everything else I've said is aimed at larger and longer-term design
questions.

zw