Re: Ada, treelang needs to be converted to --enable-mapped-location

On Oct 6, 2004, at 11:21, Zack Weinberg wrote:
I don't care about the details of how Ada interfaces with the
language-independent compiler.  My comments were intended solely to
address the bogus argument that line-map.[ch] was part of GCC rather
than a generic utility library.

With the change I discussed with Per Bothner, line-map will indeed be a generic utility library, which may be used to implement the locus type required by the back end. However, if any GCC front end is *required* to use the library, I think it is fair to say it is part of GCC.

-Geert