Re: "new" statement and -fno-exceptions

Giovanni Bajo wrote:

I do agree. On the other hand, people don't always know the inners of the
compilers. "new" is part of C++ like "for" or "return", so it is totally
resonable to expect -fno-exceptions to call a non-throwing variant of new. Now
that I think of it, I think it would be a good thing to do. I would also expect
the whole v3 to follow -fno-exceptions (Comeau does it, for instance, for its
standard library). Even most Boost libraries (all of them in principle, but
it's not always tested) have a no exception mode that you can use if you need
to.

Interesting: thanks Giovanni. I would definitely suggest further exploring these ideas,
the v3 side, in particular.

Paolo.