Re: Ada, treelang needs to be converted to --enable-mapped-location

On Sep 30, 2004, at 17:02, Steven Bosscher wrote:

We do so now, too.

I don't understand why you have problems with this mapped-location idea.
You have to tell the parts of the compiler after the front ends about
source locations one way or another.

Yes, the problem is to do it in "parse order". The conversion from GNAT location info to GCC location info should be done in Gigi, which is the part of the compiler interfacing the front end with the back end.

At that point, we walk an Ada tree and convert nodes (and their locations)
as we go along. The locations can jump around a bit, because we may
have inlined functions or generic (template) instantiations.
How do you do this in Fortran?

BTW, it seems a little strange for GNAT to have a dependency on the libcpp
directory...

-Geert