[non-GCC] Writing a compiler-backend for Linux/PowerPC

Could someone point me to some (authoritative) documents on writing a
compiler/backend for Linux on PowerPC. I have the ISA manual. But I would
like to have some information about the ABI for Linux (does Linux follow
the System V ABI ?).

I had a look at [1], but it would be good if someone could specify with
certainty, what I need to look at.

  1. http://gcc.gnu.org/readings.html

Thanks,
Suriya