This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada, treelang needs to be converted to --enable-mapped-location
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:01:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: Ada, treelang needs to be converted to --enable-mapped-location
- References: <415B3C19.email@example.com>
Per Bothner <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I'm close to checking in patches to support --enable-mapped-location
> for Java. At that point all of the default-enabled languages work
> more-or-less (i.e. with a small number of testsuite regressions).
> If we can fix the regressions, and there are clear benefits (e.g.
> measurable compilation-speed improvements or better errors reporting)
> we might make --enable-mapped-location the default for 4.0; if not it
> will at the very latest become the default in stage1 of 4.1.
I have run some C++ benchmarks which found a 2-3% improvement in
system time and a .5% improvement in wall time. However, I am
completely baffled by the PCH regressions.