This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Canqun Yang <canqun at nudt dot edu dot cn>
- To: Ayal Zaks <ZAKS at il dot ibm dot com>,Mostafa Hagog <MUSTAFA dot il dot ibm dot com at nudt dot edu dot cn>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:06:29 +0800 (HKT)
- Subject: SMS scheduling
- Reply-to: Canqun Yang <canqun at nudt dot edu dot cn>
I tested the Swing Modulo Scheduling of GCC. For
simple program, the numerical caculation of PI, it
achieves significant speedup on IA64. But, for little
bit complex programs, the SMS can hardly work out a
The algorithms implemented by Ayal and Mostafa are
correct. It seems that the SMS itself is wrong. The
schedule priority order calculated by SMS is much
different from normal MinDist algorithm. Besides this,
SMS is not sensitive to II. Is SMS really wrong?
Creative Compiler Research Group.
National University of Defense Technology, China.