This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question about constraints and reload
- From: Ulrich Weigand <weigand at i1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de>
- To: peter at the-baradas dot com (Peter Barada)
- Cc: tm_gccmail at kloo dot net, stevenb at suse dot de, weigand at i1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 02:18:53 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Question about constraints and reload
Peter Barada wrote:
> >We really needs a target-dependent hook to allow reordering of the stack
> >slots before any code is generated. We did this as a Renesas project, and
> >saw a significant performance improvement on the SH; it should also help
> >MIPS16/Thumb signification, and even Alpha/PPC/MIPS targets if somebody
> >allocates a 32k array at the bottom of the stack.
> M68000/Coldfire gets a benifit from this as well since they can only
> do signed 16 bit offset addressing from the frame/stack pointer.
S/390 would benefit as well.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand