This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bootstrap difficulties on powerpc-apple-darwin6.8 (Mac OS X 10.2.8)
- From: Kelley Cook <kcook at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com, Peter O'Gorman <peter at pogma dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>, Dave Korn <dk at artimi dot com>, 'Andrew Pinski' <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>, 'Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf' <lars dot sonchocky-helldorf at hamburg dot de>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:03:52 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Bootstrap difficulties on powerpc-apple-darwin6.8 (Mac OS X 10.2.8)
- Reply-to: kcook at gcc dot gnu dot org
--- Tom Tromey <email@example.com> wrote:
> >>>>> "Peter" == Peter O'Gorman <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Peter> Sorry that it took me so long to reply, I tried just adding
> this back
> Peter> and it did not work, however the attached patch built
> perfectly fine
> Peter> (on my Mac OS X 10.3 system which already worked anyway).
> Just to clear up any vagueness that might linger: after adding the
> patch to Makefile.am, did you re-run automake? And if so did it then
> fail in the same way (command line too long)? It wasn't clear to me.
> I'll test this patch here too, I'll probably add it back as it seems
> like the only reasonable way to address PR 17222.
My work computer is in process of an overnight bootstrap on
pentium4-pc-cygwin where the error occur. I'll report back in the