This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Can code compiled with g++ 3.3.1 run with earlier versionsofcompiler runtime environment?
- From: James E Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: "Arora, Sudhanshu" <sarora at informatica dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:25:05 -0700
- Subject: RE: Can code compiled with g++ 3.3.1 run with earlier versionsofcompiler runtime environment?
- References: <38CAB093AB9394468FC8A817A855610A1522C0@in2kex01.informatica.com>
On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 05:11, Arora, Sudhanshu wrote:
> but then the problem arises with libgcc_s.so.1. I don't have a static version of this library with me.
libgcc_s.so.1 is the shared version of the static libgcc.a library.
There are options to control whether a static or shared libgcc is linked
in: -static-libgcc, --shared-libgcc.
However, it might be better to build a gcc configured with the
--disable-shared configure option, so that you don't have to worry about
shared library issues.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com