Re: Comments on Patching GCC

On Sep 24, 2004, at 11:23 AM, Andrew Pinski wrote:

On Sep 24, 2004, at 2:16 PM, Caroline Tice wrote:

In general I think having a better way to track submitted patches so that they don't get lost is
a very good idea. My one concern about attaching it to Bugzilla is: What if someone wants to
submit a patch for a (new) feature or extension, rather than a bug? Is Bugzilla supposed to be used
to track new feature development as well as existing bugs? (I really don't know; I'm just asking).

Yes Bugzilla is used to keep track of feature development and other enhancements like optimization passes

I am not sure this is true in reality. Look at the last 100 patches posted on gcc-patch. How many of them has bugzilla reference ?

http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html#patches does not ask bugzilla reference for new features.

-
Devang