This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bootstrap difficulties on powerpc-apple-darwin6.8 (Mac OS X 10.2.8)
Peter O'Gorman wrote:
Of course it dies trying to run the libtool script because there are
simply too many files, so I'll run away in embarrassment.
The really annoying thing about this one is that it was fixed in 2001 but
was unfixed again here:
2004-08-19 Thomas Fitzsimmons <email@example.com>
Michael Koch <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Makefile.am: Ported to automake 1.9.
* gcc/doc/install.texi: Update entry about automake for libjava.
Part of the diff is here:
-## Pass the list of object files to libtool in a temporary file to
-## avoid tripping platform command line length limits.
-libgcj.la: $(libgcj_la_OBJECTS) $(libgcj_la_DEPENDENCIES)
- @echo Creating list of files to link...
- @: $(call write_entries_to_file,$(libgcj_la_OBJECTS)
- $(libgcj_la_LINK) -objectlist libgcj.objectlist \
- @GCLIBS@ @LIBFFI@ @ZLIBS@ \
- -rpath $(toolexeclibdir) $(libgcj_la_LDFLAGS) $(LIBS)
The libgcj.la target was there to override what automake would put in so
that the -objectlist flag would be used to call libtool which could then
deal appropriately with the extra long argument list.
Peter O'Gorman - http://www.pogma.com