Re: SRA problem with uninitialzed fields

On Sep 24, 2004, at 10:06 AM, Richard Kenner wrote:

Robert and I were just talking on the phone about implementation issues of
packed arrays in Ada and I realized there might be a problem with SRA.
Indeed there is and I can show it with a trivial C program.

sub1 ()
{
  <unnamed type> x$f;

return (int) (<unnamed type>) (unsigned char) ((signed char) x$f | 3) == 3;
}

This looks like a bug in the expanders than the SRA as the <unnamed type>
is the right type in the sense it say it is only a certain number of bits
in this case 2.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski