This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SRA problem with uninitialzed fields
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, dewar at gnat dot com, rth at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 10:16:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: SRA problem with uninitialzed fields
- References: <10409241406.AA00634@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Sep 24, 2004, at 10:06 AM, Richard Kenner wrote:
Robert and I were just talking on the phone about implementation
packed arrays in Ada and I realized there might be a problem with SRA.
Indeed there is and I can show it with a trivial C program.
<unnamed type> x$f;
return (int) (<unnamed type>) (unsigned char) ((signed char) x$f |
3) == 3;
This looks like a bug in the expanders than the SRA as the <unnamed
is the right type in the sense it say it is only a certain number of
in this case 2.