Re: Comments on Patching GCC

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 04:21 +0200, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> Brad Roberts wrote:
>
> > Bugzilla itself has a fairly nice attachment mechanism which has a
> > lot of special handling for patchs, review requests, etc.  Given that
> > gcc developers already use bugzilla, why not use more of it's
> > features?
>
> Because it is hard to change habit, or maybe people just do not want to.

I think we can script most of this, actually.
I'm pretty sure i can easily make a script that you hand a patch title,
possibly an existing bug id, a patch, and a changelog, and it'll handle
submission and give you a bug id and a patch id.

I can also make a script that will list the outstanding submissions by
bug and patch id, and let you retrieve patches by id.

Of course, this would *only* work for patches submitted using the
script.