Re: How to stop GCC from searching for components in --prefix on Windows host?

"E. Weddington" <ericw@evcohs.com> writes:

> I'm certainly not afraid to patch this distribution to take out the
> search in --prefix for components as the current searching of PATH (or
> whatever it does after searching --prefix) works just fine. My
> questions would be: is this a sane thing to do (considering the
> problem)? Where would one do this in the code? Is it relatively
> localized? and... would this situation be considered a bug? should I
> fill out a bug report?

That is a sane thing to do if there is no path which you are certain
exists (how about "/"?).  The code is in gcc/gcc.c; look for calls to
add_prefix().  It is relatively localized.  I don't personally
consider this situation to be a bug.

Ian