Re: Please *bootstrap* patches

Giovanni Bajo wrote:

>>This should, instead, use bubblestrap.  That will not take
>>substantially longer, but will have the benefit of catching -Werror
>>problems.
>

> Other people in IRC suggested quickstrap instead. What is the correct one?
> AFAICT what we want to do is just rebuilding stage3 cc1plus with the stage 2
> compiler.

Assuming dependencies in the non-C front-end are set up
correctly, the following should suffice IMHO:

  1. rm -fr $BUILD_DIR/$TARGET_TRIPLET/$LANG_RUNTIME
  2. make bubblestrap
  3. cd $BUILD_DIR/$TARGET_TRIPLET/$LANG_RUNTIME
  4. make -k check

For added safety and just to make sure, you can probably
delete the front-end's files from $BUILD_DIR/gcc/$LANG
and $BUILD_DIR/gcc/stage2/$LANG before executing the above.

This seems to work well for me for the Java front-end
at least. Not so sure about C++ and others though.

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.      Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/