Re: Please *bootstrap* patches

stevenb wrote:

> For the second time in three days, my daily tested failed to
> complete the nightly bootstrap because of a silly warning that is
> an error because we bootstrap with -Werror:
> [...]
> Apparently people don't bootstrap patches, or these mistakes would
> have been detected before patches got commited.
> [...]
> So, *please*, can people *bootstrap* their patches, and make sure
> this kind of mistake does not happen again?

In some cases, considering the rate of change on the source tree, this
is not physically possible.  To an extent, the bootstrap process
benefits us exclusively for its enforcement of absence of certain
warnings.  I'd love to see a change to the configury so that the
stage-0 gcc build was likewise warning-checked, if the host gcc was
capable.

- FChE