Difference between {expand,fold,simplify}_builtin_foo ???

I've been out of GCC most of the summer, so I don't know if this was
discussed or not.  I was wondering what's the reason for and
difference between {expand,fold,simplify}_builtin_foo().

Looking at e.g. expand_builtin_sprintf and simplify_builtin_sprintf,
they seem to do exactly the same transformations.  Can we just have
expand_builtin_sprintf call simplify_builtin_sprintf and then expand
the result?  This would remove lots of code duplication and potential
locations of errors.

		Thanks,
		--Kaveh
--