This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Assembly code generated
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:56:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: Assembly code generated
- References: <20040920081347.GA2771@ncd.cc.iitk.ac.in>
Rest of the assembly code I more or less understand can somebody tell me
what purpose, if any, do the instructions
None but at -O0 the compiler is not smart enough to remove them. Try
-O1 or higher optimization levels.