This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Style of libstdc++ header files
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth at ices dot utexas dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, bugzilla-masters at dberlin dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:38:09 -0500
- Subject: Re: Style of libstdc++ header files
- Organization: Red Hat / Chicago
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thanks for your observations Wolfgang. Your efforts on g++ are
definitely appreciated, and I look on in amazement at some of the
reduction feats that you have pulled off in bugzilla.
>My request therefore would be if the libstdc++ people could comment if it is
>possible to gradually move away from their style of using inlined function
>definitions, and towards a style where function declarations and definitions
>are always clearly separated. I understand that this is a huge change, but
>one that could make the life of us bugmasters so much easier!
This will, of course, make the libstdc++ include files bigger for
everybody else... but perhaps only marginally so.
You could put a feature request in bugzilla about this so it's not