Re: Testing GCC & OSDL (Was: RFC: Generated structure layout testsfor gcc.dg/compat/struct-layout-1 (take 2))

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 04:46, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:42:01 -0400 (EDT) Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
>
> | On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> | > Would it be ok if someone (or me if no one knows directly OSDL people)
> | > fills http://osdl.org/lab_activities/lab_projects/propose_a_project.html
> | > in the name of the GCC project and ask for access to some machines to
> | > set up some kind of GCC patch tester (bootstrap, testsuite plus may be a
> | > few applications)?
> |
> | Seemed like a good idea!  What happened to this?
> |
> | brgds, H-P
>
> Did anyone propose a project?  If so, I can check on it....

I did not propose a project to OSDL, as mentionned later in the thread

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-07/msg01071.html

my available time has been and is currently far too low to handle
administration and the small developments needed.

My offer to buy disks if needed is still valid though,
it is useful IMHO to keep on line bootstraped and installed compilers to
check quickly later a given piece of code over the time - compile time,
run time or behaviour, disk space is kind of cheap these days.

So feel free to go ahead :).

Laurent