This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: web/17495
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>
- Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:05:24 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: web/17495
- References: <414866F1.email@example.com>
[ gcc-patches -> gcc ]
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Mark Mitchell wrote:
I belatedly applied this patch to link to the 3.4.2 manuals; missed that
step in the release process.
Gerald, what are the chances that you could automate some of this? Is there
any reason that this page must be a static page? If it could look for the
appropriate subdirectories and generate itself that would be convenient.
This sounds like an interesting suggestion. It might be a bit tricky
due to different versions of GCC having different sets of manuals, and
I believe we currently do not have any scripting language (PHP,...) set
up on gcc.gnu.org, but perhaps a Perl/Shell script from cron.
Joseph, you have been the one doing most work on the online manuals (and
a great job, by the way). Do you have any ideas?
PS: I'll be out of town with hardly to no Internet access for three
weeks starting Monday.