Re: PATCH: web/17495

[ gcc-patches -> gcc ]

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Mark Mitchell wrote:
I belatedly applied this patch to link to the 3.4.2 manuals; missed that step in the release process.

Gerald, what are the chances that you could automate some of this? Is there any reason that this page must be a static page? If it could look for the appropriate subdirectories and generate itself that would be convenient.

This sounds like an interesting suggestion. It might be a bit tricky due to different versions of GCC having different sets of manuals, and I believe we currently do not have any scripting language (PHP,...) set up on gcc.gnu.org, but perhaps a Perl/Shell script from cron.

Joseph, you have been the one doing most work on the online manuals (and
a great job, by the way).  Do you have any ideas?

Gerald

PS: I'll be out of town with hardly to no Internet access for three
weeks starting Monday.