This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC Status Report (2004-09-13)
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Scott Robert Ladd <coyote at coyotegulch dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:20:13 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC Status Report (2004-09-13)
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <414627A4.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4148A7A2.email@example.com>
Scott Robert Ladd wrote:
Mark Mitchell wrote:
Some people have expressed interest in knowing which PRs I see as
particularly high priority. For now, I'm going to confine myself to
wrong-code bugs -- of which there are 35.
For now, I've confined myself to wrong-code regressions; here are some
that concern me especially much:
Two bugs that are giving Gentoo-amd64 developers a stomache ache
include 15617 and 14631, both "wrong code" problems with SSE code
generation. As -mfpmath=sse is default for AMD64, this is causing
problems in using GCC 3.4.2 for gentoo's 2004.3 release.
Neither bug is assigned, though one (14631) appears to have had an
unsubmitted patch. I'm willing to look at these if no one else is.
I think it would be gerat if you would. I agree that these seem like
pretty serious issues.