Re: GCC Status Report (2004-09-13) [--enable-mapped-location]

Mark Mitchell wrote:

I think you should at least try for initial numbers on whatever machine you're using. Try compiling libstdc++, say, at least. If your patches aren't a performance win, they're not going to be terribly compelling; if they are a win, as expected, then that will make them much more compelling.

It will take a couple of days, at best, as I'll be travelling.

Any earlier C-only test didn't show a clear difference either way.

The patches are "winning" even if the immediate performance difference is a wash because they'll allow us to track column numbers at little
or no extra cost.
--
--Per Bothner
per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/