This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Prerelease of GCC-3.3.5 available for testing
- From: James E Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:36:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: Prerelease of GCC-3.3.5 available for testing
- References: <email@example.com>
Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
Tarballs for GCC-3.3.5 prerelease are available on the usual server
I realize it is a bit late for this. If it is too late for gcc-3.3.5
that is OK. I can re-propose this for gcc-3.3.6.
I have a patch to fix an IA-64 linux kernel miscompilation problem.
This is PR 17455. I've added the patch to the gcc-3.4 branch and
mainline already. This isn't a regression, but it is fairly serious as
it is a linux kernel miscompile. The problem can be worked around by
compiling the kernel with -fno-optimize-sibcalls. The patch is pretty
safe, as it only affects kernel functions with the syscall_linkage
attribute, and all it does is disable sibcall optimizations for those
I haven't yet tested the patch with gcc-3.3.x. I am starting that
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com