Re: ext-inst.cc Input/output error [RESOLVED]

Thanks for your extensive reply! It was apparently some problem with
the source tree, although I still don't know exactly what. It wasn't a
permissions problem, because I was able to 'rm -f' the entire tree as
the user. I unpacked the sources and rebuilt without trouble this
time.

Cheers,
Shaun