Re: RFC: Remove flags -fmove-all-movables and -freduce-all-givs.

Joseph S. Myers wrote:

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Giovanni Bajo wrote:

Can you please update http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.0/changes.html with also a
little rationale about why those options were removed? I thought we owe an
explanation to everybody that was using those flags and upgrade -- whether
their use was really succesfull on code generation or they only believed it
was.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - it will be taken care of in the next time slot (i.e., the coming weekend :-).

Also, the manual still contains the two paragraphs that followed the description of those options:

Ugh - I will not even attempt to dig up an explanation for this oversight; I'm sorry. Thanks, Joseph.

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
A maintainer of GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/