This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] ivopts fixes
- From: "Giovanni Bajo" <rasky at develer dot com>
- To: "Zdenek Dvorak" <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:17:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] ivopts fixes
- References: <20040913154455.GA30018@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> this patch fixes several problems with ivopts:
> 1) Ada failures due to misshandling of array_ref_element_size and
> array_ref_low_bound are fixed.
> 2) missing usharing of expressions is added to rewrite_use_outer.
> This makes previous fixes of sharing problems in get_computation_at
> and iv_value redunant and they are removed.
> 3) signed and unsigned variants of types are obtained through langhooks
> 4) dumps now show also types of induction variables
Thanks. While you were away, there has been some discussion about
reimplementing peel_address in terms of get_inner_reference (or better, of a
new function which is the extract body of the loop of get_inner_reference).
Does this make sense to you?