Re: RFC: Remove flags -fmove-all-movables and -freduce-all-givs.

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Giovanni Bajo wrote:

> Can you please update http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.0/changes.html with also a
> little rationale about why those options were removed? I thought we owe an
> explanation to everybody that was using those flags and upgrade -- whether
> their use was really succesfull on code generation or they only believed it
> was.

Also, the manual still contains the two paragraphs that followed the
description of those options:

  These two options are intended to be removed someday, once
  they have helped determine the efficacy of various
  approaches to improving loop optimizations.

  Please contact @w{@email{gcc@@gcc.gnu.org}}, and describe how use of
  these options affects the performance of your production code.
  Examples of code that runs @emph{slower} when these options are
  @emph{enabled} are very valuable.

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/