This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Programming Language for Beginners
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: paul at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 10 Sep 04 13:54:43 EDT
- Subject: Re: Programming Language for Beginners
Ada hasn't recovered from the tree-ssa merge, so I'd stay well clear.
That's just a matter of bugs, mostly in the middle-end, so it would be
fine for viewing as a model.
Depending on the style of front end in question, the Ada front end is
very good model because the C part is basically doing a tree
conversion between front end trees and GCC trees and was essentially
totally redone with the latest version of the tree-ssa interface and is
So I think it's a good example of the model where a front end wants to use
its own tree structure and then convert to GCC trees.
If the model of the front end in question is one where it wants to use
GCC trees throughout and not do a conversion, then it is a poor model.