Re: Ada mainline

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Richard Kenner wrote:

> The patches are visible in both cases, so there's no difference with
> respect to #1 and #2.  As to #3, see my response to RTH: either such
> discussions don't exist or they can't be made public in real-time due
> to the proprietary nature of the bug report.

So provide the detailed explanation afterwards, with the patch.  Look at
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-08/msg01641.html>.  This suffers
from the problems of a proprietary testcase, in a proprietary testsuite,
for a problem in reload, which only shows the problem with 3.3 and 3.4
because of the tree optimisers.  Any one of these might make providing a
public testcase difficult or impossible.  But it includes a detailed
explanation, longer than the patch, which both helps understand the
problem and might also help people unfamiliar with reload to learn about
it.  If a non-confidential synthetic testcase suitable for the lists and
the public testsuite cannot be constructed, you need to go to that much
more effort to be sure the explanation is absolutely clear.

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
  http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/#c90status - status of C90 for GCC 3.5